For decades, amazing foreign nationals have been coming to the United States to start new ventures and to help move businesses forward. For startups, businesses and employers of world class talent, we offer the following services:

The E-2 visa is utilized by start ups and small businesses looking to expand in the United States. The investor in the business must establish that they are making a “substantial investment” in a US commercial enterprise. This investment must be at considered “at risk” and must be substantial enough to ensure the successful operation of the business.

H1-B visas are reserved for foreign nationals who plan on working in a specialty occupation in the US. The position itself must require a bachelor’s or higher degree or equivalent work experience in the specific field relating to the job duties to be performed. Additionally, the foreign national employee must possess education or equivalent work experience to fulfill the job duties at the time of filing the petition.

The L-1 Visa is a non immigrant visa that allows companies to transfer certain employees from a foreign entity to a US entity. In order to qualify for this visa, there must be a qualifying relationship between the a foreign and US entity (parent, subsidiary, branch or affiliate). Additionally, the employee must have been employed by the foreign entity for one out of the three years immediately proceeding entry into the US. Lastly, the individual employee must have been employed in an executive, managerial or specialized knowledge capacity abroad and will be performing a similar role in the US.

The TN Visa is a non immigrant work visa that is available for certain Canadian and Mexican Citizen Employees. In order to qualify for the TN Visa, the position in the United States must require a NAFTA professional. There are currently 63 listed eligible professionals that qualify for the visa, including computer system analysts, engineers, management consultants, pharmacists and scientists.

Employers who wish to sponsor an employee for permanent residence are typically required to go through the “PERM” process depending on the classification of the employee. This process involves obtaining a wage determination from the Department of Labor, engaging in recruitment efforts in the United States and demonstrating to the US government that the employer was unable to find US workers who are capable of performing the job duties.